Prayer Points and verse for the week:
- The government sponsored family mediation service is reporting an increase in use with a large percentage of the overall request being couples conflicts.
- Pray for the mediators and couples as they work to find common ground, along with the health of families.
- The Spain & Basque governments are exploring laws to limit rent prices as prices have been increasing over the last several years.
- Pray for the legislatures, property owners and renters
- Crime statistics were released for 2022 recently. Violence against women saw an increase of ~16% and homicides were almost triple from 2019.
- Pray for the women who are/will experience violence, greater peace and the officers responding to these situations
- The public healthcare system (Basque name: Osakidetza) communicated several requests for better working conditions and are awaiting a response to those requests.
- Pray for the healthcare workers, leadership, politicians and those needing care as they work through the situation.
- General elections are planned for May 28 in all of Spain and you can see tension building between the different parties PSOE, PP, VOX, PNV and others.
- Pray for the people as they vote for who will lead them and the candidates as they share their plans.
The verse for the week:
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
John 10:10 ESV