Basque Country Prayer Points for Week of December 12, 2022
Prayer Points and verse for the week:
- The public healthcare system (Basque name: Osakidetza) is having lots of tension as several leaders have resigned after a couple of leaders were let go. The system was already under quite a bit of strain and this is adding to it.
- Pray for the frontline healthcare workers, leadership, politicians and those needing care
- For conversations between the Basque and Spanish Government as they work through items that would give the Basque Government more autonomy
- Pray for the political leaders on both sides as they work through this situation
- Last time I talked about the historic low of low income housing. A shortage of housing in general exists across all economic levels. In Gipuzkoa they are now saying that 40,000 homes are needed.
- Pray as the city looks to build the necessary housing for the city across the different needs of the citizens
- The new catholic bishop for the diocese of Donostia, Fernando Prad Ayuso, was officially ordained for the office yesterday.
- Pray for the new leader and the diocese as they go through this transition period
- Salaries for young people are not high enough to live independently, wage increases on average in the 3rd quarter were much lower than inflation. Pension payments, while increased, are still not enough to keep up with inflation
- Pray for people as they evaluate how to spend their money
The verse for the week:
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6 NIV