Prayer Points and verse for the week:
- The Basque region was the second most generous region in Spain with donations to charitable organizations. The data showed the region had a 4% increase from the previous year.
- Praise that the people in the Basque region continue to be generous with their money.
- The general cost of food at the supermarket has increased ~16% which has impacted the types & quantities of foods being purchased, according to one of the local supermarkets.
- Pray for families as they look to adjust to the rise in food costs.
- Last year saw some changes to the labor laws for employee contracts with businesses. One year later some of the news is positive and some not so positive.
- Pray as businesses look for employees & employees as they look for work.
- This is an election year in Spain. Several primary races have already been held and Sunday May 28 is the date for general elections.
- Pray for the candidates and those voting as they look to elect leaders for the next term
- The public healthcare system (Basque name: Osakidetza) continues to have tension and negotiations are ongoing.
- Pray for the healthcare workers, leadership, politicians and those needing care as they work through the situation.
- The current Basque legislative had plans to address 36 different laws, to date they have only addressed 17. They are hoping to address the other 19 before the end of the legislative session in 2024.
- Pray for the political leaders as they look to work through the remaining legislative calendar.
The verse for the week:
Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord.
Hebrews 12:14 ESV