Prayer Points and verse for the week:
- Over the past 10 months the Canary Islands have seen more 28,000 African immigrants. This is the highest number they have ever seen and the support system is having a hard time keeping up. Some of the immigrants are likely to be arriving in Basque Country in the coming weeks. Many are looking to find a better living situation.
- Pray for the immigrants as they try to start a new life, those who serve them, and the leaders as they look for how to best handle the situation
- Experts are sharing the impacts of access to mobile phones is having on young people. One of those impacts is access to pornography. They are seeing that the age for exposure is 10 and under. Some of the impacts they are seeing from pornography is how they relate to each other and expectations. Another impact is language development and the feeling of being isolated.
- Pray for youth who have access to cellphones, along with parents and leaders as they look on how to best allow access to them
- The job market in Spain continues to do well, which was not what was expected. They are reporting an employment growth of 3.5% over last year. These are being reported as record numbers.
- Praise that the job market is holding strong in Spain and pray that it will continue to do so
- Spain still has not completed the process to elect a new president. Pedro Sánchez is still trying to work through an agreement with different parties to win an election to remain president. The current path is likely to come with agreement with some of the Catalonia parties by granting amnesty to Puigdemmont, which has strong opposition. The election process needs to be completed by November 27 or new general elections will need to take place in January 2024
- Pray for the leaders as they work to form the next government
- Workers in the public sector (teachers, public transportation and others) are making their voices heard through being on strike. The total number of days is 25 days during the months of October, November and December. Some groups have 1-2 days while others have 3-5. A protest for the events in Gaza has also happened.
- Pray for the workers, those impacted and the leaders as they look to address the situation.
The verse for the week:
“And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in you.
Psalm 39:7 ESV